Greetings! We’re going to the birthplace of America and Boston for the third installment of Fête de la Chanson! This edition’s rule is:
Your song must be a cover of a different song. For the purposes of this contest, a cover is a version of a song sung by a different artist. Remixes will be allowed, but only if the original singer is absent from the new track, or the song being remixed is a cover itself. You can pick any country in the world and normal artist eligibility rules still apply.
A few notes about this edition:
- You have to take the country that the remix artist is eligible for. So, for example, Swedish House Mafia’s remix of Coldplay’s “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall” is only eligible for Sweden, not the United Kingdom.
- Covers of Eurovision songs ARE allowed, but the above rules apply.
- Mashups will not be allowed. Only one song can be covered.
- Parodies will not be allowed, unless a reasonable amount of the parodied song remains in the the parody.
- Songs that only sample other songs will not be allowed.
Here’s a provisional timeline for this edition:
- Confirmation & song submission deadline: 18 October
- Voting deadline: 1 November
- Results: 1 November
As you can see, we’ve tried to simplify our calendar. 😉 Anyway, confirm here or by sending an email to email@example.com. This list will be updated as people confirm.
- Belgium: Nick
- United Kingdom: Arktosin
- United States: Artur
- The Netherlands: Bas
- Spain: Miguel A.
- Argentina: Dino
- Puerto Rico: Jon
- Sweden: Luke
- Russia: Max
- Ireland: Sam L.
- France: Tecku
- Iran: Rob
- Norway: Marc
- Dominican Republic: Patrick
- Peru: Paolo
- Canada: Sam R.
- Australia: Matthew
- Iceland: Bakkasel
Submissions are now closed!