Hi all! As we transition into our new format and move, for the first time, to Europe, I wanted to keep you up to date on the schedule for Fête de la Chanson 4.
So right now, the schedule looks something like this.
- 8 November at 19:00 CET: The reservation period opens. I’ll talk about how you reserve later in this post.
- 8 November – 15 November: Sign-up for existing, returning, and new players
- 15 November – 29 November: Song submission period
- 29 – November – 6 December: Voting period
- 6/7 December: Results
As you can see, there’s a bit more time given to each edition. This is so that it doesn’t feel so rushed and so that I have more time to start making recap videos for this contest! Now, about country reservation:
- You CANNOT reserve in the comments section of the article.
- You CANNOT reserve before the reservation period opens.
- You MUST reserve through some sort of private message. This can be e-mail, a Twitter DM, a Facebook message, or anything like that. Just not a public reservation.
- The country you reserve MUST follow the new FdlC rules (see below).
- The country you reserve CANNOT be an autonomous region, i.e. the Faroe Islands, Åland Islands, Scotland, Kosovo, etc.
On the topic of countries, how should microstates be handled? I know that in ETSC, only Monaco and San Marino were admitted with songs by two of their Eurovision representatives. However, I think it could be interesting to offer up these countries as venues for alternative sides of larger country’s music scenes, such as Italy, France, Spain and Belgium. Therefore, they’d have special rules limiting the kind of song and artist they could choose. However, I want to open this topic up to discussion.
I wanted to give you this info early so it wouldn’t feel like overload later. I can’t wait to start a new period of Fête de la Chanson!
EDIT: Please read this update.