Hello! After the French win in the fourth edition of Fête de la Chanson, we’re ready to start planning the next edition. Due to a lot of conflicts within my personal calendar, this edition will be pushed back farther than others. I hope you’ll understand. However, before even that, we have to decide some things! Before FdlC 4, it was said that FdlC 5 would be a special edition whose theme would be voted on later. However, a lot of you expressed interest in forgoing that and treating FdlC 5 like a normal edition. So, we’re going to vote on it.
Here’s the first question:
And the second:
And the third:
The polls will be open until 17 December, which I know is a long time, but that takes me through my last final exams at uni.😛 Anyway, since I know some of you are also busy around this time of year, I think we should slow down a little bit for this edition, and probably the ones to follow it.
Now, on the topic of dates, here’s an early draft of this edition’s calendar!
- 17 December: Polls close (18 December)
- 21 December: Reservation window opens
- 28 December: Reservation window closes. Song submission period opens.
- 10 January: Song submission period closes. Fête de la Chanson 5 begins. Voting begins.
- 18 January: Voting ends. Results published.
So as you can see, I’ve added an extra week between editions for me and my sanity. Between now and the 17th, feel free to discuss anything in this thread. Until then!
UPDATE: The polls are closed after an extra day of voting! And the results are:
Poll 1: “Should FdlC 5 be a special edition”
This kind of renders the other two polls irrelevant, but for completion’s sake,
Poll 2: “If you said yes, what should the theme of FdlC 5 be?”
Randomly Allocated Countries: 6
Underrated NF Songs: 4
Instrumental Songs Only: 4
Poll 3: “Finally, if you said yes, do you want special editions to allow global countries?”
Now I can’t help but notice that, despite only 8 people saying yes to a special edition, 14 of you voted in these polls. Remember to read your instructions!😛 Anyway, this is really helpful info for me. I can announce a few things now.
- FdlC 5 will be a normal edition, held in Lyon, France.
- Every fifth edition, there’ll be a poll to see if that edition will be special.
- If we have a special edition, all countries of the world will be allowed.
So with that, be ready to reserve countries on Saturday for FdlC 5! Here are the taken countries: