Hallo! After the Dutch win in the sixth edition of Fête de la Chanson, we now turn out attention to Utrecht’s TivoliVredenburg, the chosen host of the next edition of FdlC. Guitar won the sixth edition of the contest for the Netherlands with “Diggin’,” performed by Kovacs.
The organizers have revealed the following dates for the event:
- May 25th: Country Reservation opens
- May 27th: Song Submission opens
- June 7th: Country Reservation and Song Submission closes
- June 8th: Running order revealed. Voting opens for the Seventh Edition of Fête de la Chanson.
- June 18th: Voting closes for the Seventh Edition of Fête de la Chanson.
- June 20th: Voting and winner revealed.
Here is some information regarding the seventh edition. It has been decided that Fête de la Chanson 7 will be a Worldwide Edition, once again allowing countries from all over the world to compete with the countries of Europe. In addition, for this edition, the age restriction has been relaxed slightly. For Fête de la Chanson 7, any song that was released on or after January 1, 2000, is allowed to compete.
Here are the reserved countries for FdlC 7: