Ütz apetenik! After the Guatemalan win in the 8th edition of Fête de la Chanson, we now turn our attention to Guatemala City’s Gran Salas Efrain Recinos, located in the Teatro Nacional. Tristian won the eighth edition of the contest for Guatemala with “Blues de mar,” performed by Gaby Moreno.
The organizers have revealed the following dates for the edition.
- October 5th: Country Reservation Opens
- October 7th: Song Submission Opens
- October 13th: Country Reservation/Song Submission Closes
- October 14th: Running Order Revealed. Voting opens for the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson. (In case of semis, voting opens for the semis of the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson.)
- October 23rd: Voting closes for the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson. (In case of semis, voting closes for the semis of the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson.)
- October 24th: Voting and Winner Revealed. (In case of semis, qualifiers and running order revealed. Voting begins for grand final of the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson.)
- (November 3rd: Voting closes for the grand final of the 9th Edition of Fête de la Chanson.)
- (November 4th: Voting and Winner Revealed for Grand Final of Fête de la Chanson. Full semi results announced.)
In case you haven’t seen the announcement prior, starting with this edition, Nick and Patrick will be alternating hosting editions, with Patrick taking all odd editions and Nick taking all even editions. In addition, all odd-number editions will be a special edition with a theme or restriction to follow when submitting an entry.
The theme for the ninth edition is: Party.
Here is the definition of party, as given by the Cambridge English Dictionary:
- A social gathering at which people talk, eat, drink, and enjoy themselves.
There are many different types of parties, including birthday parties, national/local festivals, holiday parties, cocktail parties, wakes, garden parties, dinner parties, parties for the sake of partying… Do not feel the feel the need to limit yourself to what you normally consider to be “partying”* music and feel free to think outside the box to send a song. Perhaps its a song you imagine playing at a cocktail party or a song about a party gone wrong.
*There is nothing wrong with sending a typical “party” song, should you desire to. I am just encouraging people to think of other directions to take the theme for the sake of diversity and to note that the theme’s aren’t supposed to stifle creativity.
Here are the additional rules that apply to this theme:
- Select a song based on the theme “Party”
- When you submit your song, also send a short explanation about how your song relates to the theme.
- Unless otherwise requested, I will post your explanation with your entry so that others can see your thought process
- All rules on the rules page, unless contradicted in the above rules, still apply to the edition.
The following countries have been reserved by the winner and the contest hosts: