Góðan dag! After Iceland claimed the trophy for the tenth edition of Fête de la Chanson, our eyes now focus on Reykjavík’s Egilsholl, our venue for the eleventh edition of FdlC. Alex L. claimed victory in the last edition of the contest with “So Close” by Ólafur Arnalds and Arnór Dan:
These are the prospective dates for this edition. Due to the holidays and vacations that often occur during this time of year, I would not be surprised if this needed to be edited in the future.
- December 12th: Country Reservation Opens at 19:00 CET
- December 14th: Song Submission Opens
- December 22nd: Country Reservation/Song Submission Closes
- December 23/24: Running Order Revealed. Semis/Final of FdlC 11 Begins.
- January 4: Voting Closes for Finals/Semi-Finals.
- January 5/6: Results of the Semi-Finals/Finals. FdlC 11 Final Starts, if necessary.
- January 15: Voting CloseG for Grand Final of FdlC.
- January 16: Results Revealed for FdlC.
As previously announced, Fête de la Chanson will be the Nostalgia Edition. Here are some details pertaining to this edition:
- Only songs recorded on 31 December 1999 or before will be allowed to enter.
- This rule pertains to the recordings of covers too. A libretto recorded by an artist before 2000 would be accepted. A recording of the same libretto by the same or another artist on 1 January 2000 would not be accepted.
- If you have questions pertaining to the eligibility of a song, send your inquiry to the contest email at email@example.com.
- Country selection will be based on modern day boundaries. For example, an artist that is based in what is now Kosovo would perform for Kosovo, even though the country did not exist during the time the song was recorded.
- Though the edition is called the Nostalgia Edition, this is not a themed edition but a restricted edition. Whether or not a song evokes a feeling of nostalgia is not important in whether or not the song is accepted. It is just a name I have given the edition.
The following countries have been reserved by the winner and the hosts for the following edition:
- Brazil: Alex L.
- Kosovo: Patrick
- Russia: Nick