Hallo! Last edition saw another Norwegian victory, and so the fifteenth edition of the contest will take place in Oslo, at the Operahuset (which so happens to be the building I chose for the banner image before I made the connection). Our reigning champion is Dhaibhidh, having won with “Undertow” by Ane Brun. Here is another look at the song:
Here are the prospective dates for this edition:
- 29 September: Country selection opens at 19:00 CET
- 1 October: Song selection opens at 19:00 CET
- 7 October: Country/song selection closes at 23:59 CET
- 8/9 October: Running order revealed. Voting opens.
- 21 October: Voting closes at 23:59 CET.
- 22/23 October: Results (and HoDs) revealed. Winner chosen.
This edition is the “Blind Edition.” What we mean by this is that the participants, barring Patrick for operational purposes, will have no idea which entry belongs to which participant. In fact, barring Dhaibhidh, as the winner, and Nick/Patrick, participants will not even be 100% sure the name of every participant in this edition. Since questions have been asked, penalties will be applied should a person reveal their country directly or indirectly. However, there will be no penalty for revealing if you are a participant or for lying about being a participant (or not being a participant).
The hosts for this edition are Stian Bjørnes and Jenny Skavlan.
Finally, here are the countries that have been claimed by the winner and your contest organizers: