Konnichiwa! For the first time, Fête de la Chanson makes its way to an Asian country. The electro-rap duo Charisma.com won the sixteenth edition of the contest for Japan, and as a result, we now make our way to the Namba Hatch in Osaka. Here’s another look at the winning entry:
The following are the prospective dates for the next edition:
- 29 November: Country Selection opens at 19:00 CET
- 1 December: The Song Submission period opens at 19:00 CET
- 11 December: Country Selection/Song Submission period closes at 23:59 CET
- 12 December: Running Order revealed. Voting opens
- 26 December: Voting closes at 23:59 CET.
- 28 December: Results revealed!
Remember that next edition is a region-restricted edition. There are two parts to the edition:
- Countries that are in the commonly-accepted border of Europe will not be allowed to compete in Fête de la Chanson 17.
- In addition, any country that has competed more than three times in the Eurovision Song Contest is not allowed to participate in Fête de la Chanson 17.
- In addition, there will be a secret twist to country selection for everybody but the winner, who gets to keep the winner privilege of picking his/her country first. Everybody must send a ranking of five countries they would like to participate with. If you send fewer than five countries, I will not accept any country submissions and request that you send at least five countries in another email.
Finally, here are the countries that have been claimed by the winner (through the regular method of selection) and the other contest organizer (using the selection twist).
- Japan: Patrick
- Australia: Nick