As-salaam alaykum! It’s a pleasure to welcome you to Palmyra, Syria ahead of the 18th Fête de la Chanson! After the victory of Hello Psychaleppo in Osaka, the contest is traveling to the Middle East for the first time.
After a transfer of power at FdlC headquarters (in Texas, of all places), the dates for the 18th contest have been determined!
- 7 January (00:00 CET): Country submissions open
- 9 January (00:00 CET): Song submissions open
- 19 January (11:59 CET): All submissions close
- 20 January (00:00 CET): Running order published, voting opens
- 2 February (23:59 CET): Voting closes
- 4 February (20:00 CET): Results
The organizers are also ready to announce the hosts and venue of the 18th edition; our hosts will be Faia Yunan and Jwan Yosef and the contest will be held in the Palmyra Theater!
The rules for the 18th edition will be the same as all other even numbered editions; songs after 2000 from any country, with all artists following eligibility rules. The list of taken countries is below, and will be updated through the submission process.
- Michos (Winner of FdlC 17): Iraq
- Nick (Co-host): South Korea
- Patrick (Co-host): Mexico (NF link)
- Robin: Germany
- Anders: Argentina
- Dhaibhidh: Australia
- Warren: United States
- Rob: United Kingdom
- Stommie: Turkey
- Hjallis: Brazil
- Dino: Cyprus
- Donnie: Norway
- Oxi: Greece
- Arpatilaos: Mali
- Dimitris: Ukraine
- Razvan: Sweden
- Martin: Belgium (3rd choice)
- Tehoe: Russia
- Toggie: Iran
- Tecku: Ethiopia (2nd choice)
- Alex L.: Iceland (2nd choice)
- Oliver: Hungary (2nd choice)
- Andy: Taiwan
- Franco: Chile
- Bay: Indonesia
- Tristan: Syria
- Ellie: Canada
- Emmo: South Africa
- Lars: Japan
- Avat: Armenia (NF link)
- Sedapsi: Estonia
- Shevek: Portugal
Unless otherwise noted, all players received their first choice of country. Songs will be posted here!
UPDATE (2017-1-9): All 32 spots have been filled! No new players will be accepted this edition, but please feel free to join the provisional waiting list.