Khosh amadid! After Marjan Farsad won the eighteenth edition of Fête de la Chanson, the contest makes its way from Syria to another Middle Eastern country: Iran! Here’s a reprise of the winning song “Khooneye Ma.”
Below are the prospective dates for the next edition:
- 4 April: Country Selection opens at 19:00 CET
- 6 April: Song Submission period begins at 19:00 CET
- 16 April: Country Selection/Song Submission period closes at 23:59 CET
- 17 April: Running Order Revealed
- 18 April: Songs Revealed. Voting Opens.
- 30 April: Voting closes at 23:59 CET
- 2 May: Results Revealed!
This edition is the Live Edition:
- All entries must be from live performances of the songs selected.
- To make this most accessible, to evaluate live performances, we will use Melodifestivalen rules. The artist can be using a backing track and even have pre-recorded backing vocals. However, the main singer MUST be singing live.
- I will be the final judge of whether or not a song fits the criteria to be eligible for this edition. It is up to my discretion whether or not an entry qualifies as a live performance. Some contestants have sent me entries they would like to send early. I have approved some as eligible and have denied some for not fitting the criteria.
- There is a modification of the date rule for this edition. Songs originally released prior to 2000 are eligible to enter the contest so long as the performance of the song sent as the official entry is from a performance that was recorded after 2000.
Finally, here are the countries that have been claimed by the contest host and the contest organizers:
- Switzerland: Toggie
- France: Patrick
- Japan: Nick